Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Favorite Walk in Greece~ Travelin' Tuesday


We are anticipating a possible business (paperwork) trip to Greece this fall
so my favorite walk is on my mind. 


For years I have craved, zoomed, snapped and framed
the colors of Earth's natural blues and greens together, 
against each other. 


Even though the camera never does them justice,
I can't help myself. 


They have become touchstones for me


and I honor them and my dreams together. 


This walk along the backside of Nafplion's Old Town


scales both the rocky cliffside and the water. 


And ends back around toward the Old Town 
with a cup of Greek coffee (not to be confused with Turkish),
a view of Bourtzi in the foreground
 and Argos across the bay.


And when the deep, rich, hot demitasse beverage made from the beans of a tree
have taken hold, 
a walk along the palm-lined waterfront to the Old Town is in order.
I'll save the town itself for another post. 

Fall is now upon us. 
Hope you are enjoying all that it brings. 



(Photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)


3 comments:

  1. Aoooooooo, Kirsten, you have captured one of my heart's destinations....Since I was a child, I have always wanted to go to Greece. Navagio Beach is one place I have to see and I am so happy for you that you are going to Greece!!!!

    Thank you dear one for visiting today; oh I cannot imagine loosing a best friend, I just cannot. It hurts enough when you have to move away from one, let alone lose them for life...

    Be well, enjoy each day and blessings of happiness to you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, I will just have to enjoy Greece through pictures. It is just too far away. I've wanted to go to Oia, but doubt I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, looking at these pictures has made my heart sing, as I am part Greek myself. It is my dream to visit there someday. Jess went about three years ago and had the most wonderful time. I would love to see more of your pictures. The waters are beautiful.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for coming and for making your thoughts and feelings known. I appreciate all comments greatly.
Hope to see you again!
Kirsten